Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Modify Tradition Swap

Today is the deadline for shipping out the Modify Tradition Swap quilt. I finished this last night and then I did a dumb thing! I completely forgot to go to the post office today. I will stop by tomorrow morning and this fun little quilt will make it's way into the hands of my swap partner. I hope she likes it!

It's made with a "Birdie" by Moda charm pack. There are quite a few firsts in this little quilt. My first Dresden plate, made super simple by following the great instructions by Elizabeth. My first pieced binding (it looks awesome!) and my first pebble quilting.

front




black and white detail of back

I think I love the back more than the front! I want my partner to be able to display either side so I'm not attaching a quilt label. I've made a label but it is just pinned on. Now I'll have to make one for myself!


5 comments:

Gene Black said...

your free motion skills are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Norma, this looks so amazing! I think I love the back more, too.

I need to learn this free motion stuff. :)

Unknown said...

that is awesome!

RosaMaría said...

te quedó super lindo! yo tengo mucho queriendo hacer los dressden plates, pero aún no me animo...

felicity said...

Thank you, thank you Norma! I do indeed love it and leaving the label unattached was very thoughtful - I may just rotate this front and back as the mood moves me.