Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bonafide

I recently received some great news that really put a spring in my step and has boosted my confidence as a "real" quilter. I don't know if you had found me way back in October when I posted about this EQ6 design contest.

All entries (over 850) went through two rounds of judging. If your blocks made it through round one then your blocks could possibly be featured in the "Rose of Sharon" book and DVD. Those blocks that made the cut for round one would then be sent to Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims for round two! Alex & Ricky would then select the top 12 designs to be on the cover of the book and made into the Rose of Remembrance quilt to raise awareness of Alzheimer's through the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. The whole idea was the brain child of Sharon Pederson and she put together this beautiful quilt from the top 12 blocks:



The quilt was quilted by Barbara Shapel



So what's my great news? ... well I didn't make it into the top 12 if that's what you were thinking, but I did make it into the book! *WAHOOOO!* {pardon me I can't contain myself!} The email I received was a generic mass e-mail and it did not say which of my designs or how many where picked. So it will be a surprise when the book and DVD comes out. Here are the 9 designs I submitted:

#4 is my favorite. Which one do you like?

So you want to get your hands on some of these materials and make your own? Well all of the files will be available at some point from EQ as a download-able file library. The DVD can be ordered from Nine Patch Media and will ship June 10th. The book will be published by Martingale and should be at quilt shops in August. Accuquilt has also made a die set!


4 comments:

Arianne said...

I really like #4 too, but 7 is a close second. Congratulations!

Gene Black said...

I think "1" is my favorite.

Big congrats to you. Seems like good things are happening all over the bloggy quilting world.

Vicki ♥ said...

Congrats to you and such lovely designs. I love them all and I look forward to them being available in EQ. I cant wait to get my EQ7 too...such excitement.

Unknown said...

#7 is my winner. Holy cow! That is amazing news! Congratulations to you!