Friday, June 4, 2010

The day before...

Tomorrow is my race! These last few months of training will hopefully pay off in a new Personal Record for me at the Mach Tenn Triathlon in TN. To tell you the truth I'm a bit of a wreck right now. I'm trying to get all my gear ready checking and double checking to make sure I don't forget something important,I like running shoes! 4 miles in flip-flops would not be fun.

I'm hoping to shave off at least 6 minutes from last year's time to come in under 2 hours. Hopefully all those early morning spin classes will pay off. I didn't do as much run training this year but I can keep up a 9:30 pace over four miles which is great for me and my short little legs! I don't even worry about the swimming portion because I'm a pretty good swimmer. Those 1600yd will be over in about 18 minutes. All I can hope for is a good ride on the bike. As long as I don't wreck or have a flat all should be well! I have no aspirations of placing in my age group, I'm not that delusional! Al I want is a new PR.

A big HUGE thank you to all my sponsors that helped me reach my fundraising goal! I actually raised $280 which was $30 over my goal. If you still want to make a donation you can! It doesn't matter that I already reached my goal because it is for a great cause. You can read more about it here.

Thank You:
James E, Rick C, Kristi C, Kobie W, Nathan T, Elisabeth R, Richard V, Cassie M, Amber A, Caroline R, and Laura S


Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Arianne said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how things go.