Thursday, June 3, 2010

And the winner is...

#9! Block number nine is the block that made it into Sharon Pederson's Rose of Sharon book. More exciting {at least to me it was, like jump up and down excitement} is that Sharon herself sent me an email after reading my blog! Yes MY blog!! {eeep!} I don't even know how she found my blog. I asked her if I could post about the contest on my blog and she gave me the go ahead but I don't remember pointing her to my blog {oops.}

I can't believe how unbelievably nice she is! We're going to be like BFF's from now on I just know it! :) She also gave me the inside scoop and let me know that block #9 was the one that made it into the book, but not only did it make it into the book it was also chosen to be on one of the chapter introduction pages. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on the book! I would love to make a quilt like the winning quilt but with some fabrics along the lines of Meadowsweet on Kona Charcoal. mmmm... It is quite lovely in Batiks though. I've never been a huge fan of batiks but Sharon did such a wonderful job on this one and it is absolutely stunning! That project will have to wait though because I promised myself I would not start any other projects until I've checked off a few of those UFO's I've listed over on my sidebar.

I have been working on my Modify Tradition swap quilt (which is #1 on my list.)

I hope my partner likes it!

3 comments:

lisapenn said...

You are SO VERY TALENTED!! I am so impressed. Congratulations!

Sharon Pederson said...

Good Morning Norma:

Now why wouldn't I want to visit your blog - it's fun and beautiful.

Many thanks for the kind words about me and yes I think BFF at least.

About the Go cutters - you'd better get yourself one of those pretty quickly as there will soon be a second Rose of Sharon die for it and you'll need it to make your Roses of Remembrance quilt.

Best wishes
Sharon Pederson

LauraB said...

Not only did she read the blog ... she commented ... I know a blogging and published celebrity!

AMAZING!

(and of course, congratulations!)