Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Organized Closet

I mentioned in my last post that I spent last weekend cleaning and organizing my sewing room. Well here is a peek at my crafting space, well the closet anyway! I will be showing you in an upcoming post, how to organize your fabric stash.

Well here is the anatomy of the organization (you can click on the picture to see it super sized):

All are listed left to right

Top shelf: Extra Lamps, empty boxes, patterns (in that brown box), hairbow/ponies supplies, misc tools in the toolbox, some batting and fiberfill, my less often used fabrics like upholstery and felt.

Middle shelf: batting scraps, those 2 white boxes have some notions, then come my large binder clips, behind that are my paints and modpodge, random little notions in that USPS box (all inside individual baby food jars)

Hanging: you see my completed items and works in progress.

Bottom shelf: my Kenmore sewing machine, my Brother SE-270D embroidery machine, my Kenmore serger, ribbons, magazine files (handy for sorting magazines, craft books, and sewing machine manuals). Behind the hanging clothes is my iron, which I love - thanks mom! - a Rowenta Advancer! Also my starch, my "air in a can" useful for cleaning your machines and my machine oil.

The dresser (top to bottom):
1st Drawer: work in progress quilt tops, and embroidery attachment for my Brother machine.
2nd Drawer: pattern pieces that I don't want to crease, various "rolls" - freezer paper, tear away stabilizer, wash away stabilizer, wonder under, and such
3rd drawer: crochet/knitting stuff, blanks, some finished projects.
4th drawer: socks! yes socks! for making my baby leg warmers!

The bookshelf: All of my fabric yardage! The top shelf has all of my less than 1 yard fabrics. The remainder shelves hold anywhere from 1 to, I think, 8 yards. Like I said I will be teaching you how to accomplish this shortly.

I also keep my ironing board stored in here in front of the fabric. Oh and next to the dresser I left a space wide enough to fit my cutting boards, rulers, and newsprint (used for making pattern templates)

No comments: