Saturday, July 3, 2010

MTQB April Blocks

These are the April blocks I made for Greta for the Modern Tradition Quilt Bee. There are 4 of the same blocks just rotated 45 degrees to make up one humongous 24" block.



Greta chose the Arkansas Crossroads block and she wanted it done all scrappy like. She sent us the white and the yellow pez fabric. Let me tell you that when I was pulling fabric scraps I did not think there was anyway that these fabrics would ever play together. Surprisingly I really like the finished product. I didn't sew the 4 blocks together so that Greta would be able to play with the placement of the blocks with the other blocks she gets from my bee sisters. I also didn't know if she would like the block in the top left. Greta specifically said she did not want, well it was more along the lines that she really did not like, novelty prints. I have not had anyone ever say they did not like that owl fabric so if Greta hates it she can reject that block. I can't wait to see her pieced top. Check out this really scrappy one here {swoon.}

As for my may blocks... I'm still missing a few, 4 to be exact. Hopefully I'll get them soon so I can piece my top together.


No comments: