Thursday, April 22, 2010

March MTQB blocks

I know it's almost May and here I am posting my March blocks! To my defense these were sent out merely a week late and I didn't get my fabric until about halfway through the month! I have not gotten my fabrics for the month of April though so we'll see if I can crank those out in time!




These blocks are a modern version of the Granny's flower garden. You can see the post and find the link to the pattern here. I really love the patchwork versions. Lesly sent some Essex linen for the background. I like the feel of the fabric but I'm not sure I like it's extra thickness in the seams. I think I'll be sticking to my Kona Cottons! Which reminds me of an awful catastrophe: I can't find my Kona Color Card anywhere!!! I have turned my sewing room upside down looking for it (not to mention a few other rooms as well.) I can't remember if I have used it since I moved to our new place so the chances are that it might be stuck in a box in our storage closet. Mr. PD joked around that maybe one of my quilting friends made off with it. {Joy do you have my card? LOL just kidding!} I wouldn't blame them if they did!

May is my month for the Modern Tradition Quilt Bee. I picked May because it's my birthday month! I'm almost done with the instructions so I'll be posting a sneak peek soon. I'm so excited this quilt that has been floating around in my head come to life!


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

oooh! We will have to sing Happy Birthday to you at the guild meeting. FYI, I haven't seen your Kona color card!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! I LOVE that block -- well both of them, but I love that pattern. Must add to my queue.

Hmmm...perhaps the loss of your Kona card is a sign. It means that you should move over to the lovely softness of Moda's Bella -- Ok, I might have just made that up because I'm a shameless hussie and you can buy it by the bolt in my little shop ;-D.