Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Photo-along: Aperture schmaperture and shutter speed.

So are you completely confused as to what aperture and shutter speed are? For the longest time I couldn't remember that bigger is smaller and vice versa. Big is less and small is more. What?!

I'm not even going to try to explain it because I'll just end up confusing myself all over again. Instead head on over to Pioneer Woman photography for a great explanation on aperture and shutter speed.

Aperture part 1
Aperture/Shutter Speed part 2
Aperture part 3
Aperture part 4


Hopefully these will help clear things up for you. While you are there browse around for some wonderful photos and some more tips, tricks, and explanations.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hi - thanks so much for posting the link to these lessons, I have just had a read and they are fantastic - now I get it!

Am loving your blog - many thanks!
Danielle

Arianne said...

Thanks for the additional links. I've read both of the lessons. I just really stink about getting out and taking the pictures to practice. My daughter just celebrated her birthday and I didn't get a single good picture, so I know I need to do this!