Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DQS6 Finished and received

I was so excited to finish my DQS6 quilt today. The icing on the cake was receiving my very own DQS6 quilt from Quiltinkimie. I have no idea what she had in mind for her first attempt but I love the fun cheery summer colors in this quilt!


Here is the cute cow box I got in the mail today. It was packed with loads of goodies for me and my kiddos: chocolate, stickers, pencils, a pattern, a needle card, ribbon, a cranberry brownie mix (drooling just thinking about it!) and of course my Doll quilt!
Over on our flickr group we were "challenged" to take a picture of ourselves with our quilt that we made and the one we received. Since hubby was not around I had "Big Brother" take my picture! Not bad for a 5 year old!

Ok so there were quite a few frames he had to take before we got to an acceptable one!


Ah, that's better! Moi, with my bright and cheery DQS6

And Finally a picture of my completed DQS6: "Butterfly Beauty" Again, taken by my little guy!

3 comments:

Mimi Head said...

I love the doll quilt and saw it posted on Crafster. It's so beautiful.

Kellie said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Well done!

amy smart said...

Yay! Good for you. I need to do a DQS one of these days. I'm always so amazed by what other people make. Thanks for the link. Go cougars! :)