Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MIA

Sorry to have disappeared on you all. Things got a little hectic last week when our "moving plan" got switched up a bit. We decided to get this whole ordeal over and done with so we rented a Budget moving truck this past weekend. We couldn't pass up such a great deal on the moving truck ($150 before taxes and fees for a 15' truck.)

So now all of our "precious" (insert sarcasm) things have now joined us in Alabama. Honestly I liked the rental house better when it was free of all of our junk! Now we have boxes everywhere and every room is chaos. I seriously wonder (every time we move) why in the world we have so much stuff and whether or not we really need it all. Oh, this doesn't even include the giant pile we sold off at a garage sale (made $300!) or the pile that didn't sell and was donated to a local thrift store, or the pile we left behind in our attic!

Why do we need so much "stuff"? (rhetorical question)

The good thing is that we got rid of a bunch of stuff that hadn't been touched in the last 3-6 years. Why keep it if you haven't used it. I know, it might come in handy some day.... *sigh*

The other reason I've been unable to post is because my computers (yes plural) have been having trouble. Yes, all of them. They are all very old and very tired! My pc is about 7 years old and has been dying out for the last 4 years. It's still around because it powers up, has important files (pictures), and works generally well for a couple of hours before it decides to take a break! The laptop I had been given by my father in law a couple of months ago has starting having issues. I'm afraid to turn it on because it may be the last time it works! I have important work files on there so I need to have something reliable to transfer those files over to, before I risk it dying on me. And last I have this laptop I am using right now. A very old, we're talking ancient here people, Toshiba that doesn't do much but run the internet really, really slowly, and plays dvds for my kids (kind of choppy.)

I think this weekend we will be getting a new laptop! YAY! Being the frugal people that we are, we have to justify it somehow, so it will be a business purchase for Petit Debutant/Father's day present for Mr.Debutant.
There's an awesome sale going on this weekend at Best Buy for Father's day. hopefully we will come home with a new laptop!!!

Until next week, hopefully from a new laptop -

Cheers!

No comments: